January 27, 2009

More Caffeine Plz!

Whoo-f'ing-hoo!!!

Now, while the small, habitable section of downtown needs another coffee shop like I need another hole in my brain (last Saturday's bender at The Association is probably responsible for me losing all my memories from 1997), I certainly won't mind when the area's newest place to drop $17 dollars a week on coffee is right next to the entrance of my building.  

Looks like the caffeine gods have chosen to erect another place of worship in their honor, and that's fine by me.  Not so fine for L.A. Cafe, which is/had been the daily recipient of a small portion of my hard earned cash and peddler to my addictions.  And while this new place looks like it can maybe have enough room for a single Braun coffee maker and perhaps a retired jockey-turned-barista, I will say that for my to-go needs, this place will be my new Mecca...

...Unless of course they make shitty coffee.  Oh, who am I kidding?-- L.A. Cafe's coffee was really crappy and weak, but now I've drank so much of it, I have fooled myself into thinking it's good.  Kind of like this fat-chick I used to date... much like LA Cafe's coffee, she was not the quality I was used to; she was bitter, rarely satisfying,  and I had to cover her up with the equivalent of lots of cream and sugar-- which in her case was beer and more beer.  But eventually, I got used to her, because I had to; she was the only thing around.  And now, even if this new joint isn't Alessandra Ambrosio, well Hell, I can work with it.

**Scheduled to open sometime in Feb.

No comments: